Chinese Mandarin Made Easy!
Chinese really isn't as hard as it seems!
...especially once you learn about pinyin and radicals, which are the building blocks for Chinese speaking and writing, respectively.
I offer 2 Chinese intro topics. Please choose one topic to focus on for each 45-minute video call session:
1) PRONUNCIATION BASICS
- I will introduce the 5 tones in Mandarin Chinese
- I will teach you how to pronounce each sound using the Pinyin phonetic system.
- I will teach you the difference between the main regional accents (Beijing vs. Taipei)
*Pinyin is the system in China that uses the Latin alphabet as a phonetic guide, including accents on the vowels to indicate tones. For example： 大学 is written as dà xué in pinyin, and pronounced "Da shway".
2) WRITING BASICS
- I will explain how radicals work in traditional Chinese characters (used in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and even Japanese kanji).
- I will explain how the characters differ between traditional characters, and the simplified characters used in Mainland China.
*****If you already know theses basics and want a full beginner lesson in Chinese with me:
- see my "Learn a Language the Fun Way" Simbi Service
- or check out my website at: http://katrinakrogstad.com/language-journeys
Training & Qualifications
- I spent 5 months studying Chinese Mandarin at Tsinghua University in Beijing, China, and lived in Taipei, Taiwan for a year and a half.
- Although Chinese is not my first language, I have a native-speaker level of pronunciation (I am often mistaken for a native Mandarin speaker on the phone.)
- I learned both simplified characters and Pinyin writing systems in China.
- I also learned some traditional Chinese characters while in Taiwan.
Availability & Preferences
I will send you a link to book a video call session with me.